Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) – for mid-career professionals 2020-2021
Competition: Open for the 2020-2021 academic year
Deadline: February 6, 2020
- mid-career professionals from an ASEAN member state;
- mid-career professionals from academia, civil society, the private sector (with a focus on micro, small and medium-sized businesses, and on social enterprises), and the public sector (including ministries, parastatals, state-owned enterprises, legislative and judicial bodies);
A mid-career professional, for the extent of this scholarship program, is someone who:
- has worked for at least 5 and up to 20 years;
- is in a managerial, policy development or in a decision-making position; OR is a mid-career academic in a post-secondary academic institution, research institution or think tank;
- has at least two years of experience within the position; and,
- is not supervising more than 30 employees and/or a CAD 30 million budget per year.
Description: Global Affairs Canada is offering short-term scholarships to mid-career professionals from member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) for professional development through short-term courses in Canada.
The Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) program aims to reduce poverty in the developing countries of ASEAN and to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The mid-career component of the SEED program offers opportunities for professional development through short-term courses in Canada, aligned with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, that could include (but not limited to) the following priority sectors:
- Gender Based Analysis;
- Performance management/deliverology/results based management/performance audit;
- Financial management/comptrollership/project management;
- Financial technologies; and,
- Climate change adaptation/environmental sustainability/environmental impact assessment.
Further information can be found here.